Sunday, February 7, 2010

Catherine Wheel Scarf and Zauberball

After looking at Alex of Moonstitches' rhubarb scarf a billion zillion times, and after some of my knit night friends gave me a little nudge (yarn from Sharon and crochet lessons from Dorothy) I created a Catherine Wheel scarf.

Elle of Ellemeno P Blog put a really nice pattern together inspired by the scarf that Alex made, and was generous enough to share it with all.

I used Zauberball yarn which is out of this world beautiful.

I'm thinking of putting up a flickr set with more photos of it. Interested in seeing more?

I was also thinking that if you are looking through the horizontal arm of your sewing machine in order to see your computer monitor in order to do a blog post about quilting, perhaps you are in need of a 12 step program for quilt addicts or something.

Anybody else out there done that before? Am I alone? Have a gone too far?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the scarf. Did you use just one zauberball? Or two?

Anonymous said...

Wow! That turned out awesome! :)

Colleen said...

That is soo ugly! I love it!!!! I need to make one. :)

Annie B said...

it is utterly beautiful - well done

Unknown said...

I love it so much!!! It is so stunning :) I can't wait to see more pictures for sure!!! Oh - and I'm the same with my knitting blog... many times I'm peering at my monitor from behind yarn and needles. 12 steps for sure... to Stitches West!

Minka said...

Your choice of yarn is yummy scrumptious! Thanks for the pattern. I've not crocheted in ages but, this might be the think to get me crocheting again.