Monday, June 4, 2012

Hand Quilted Feathers

In case you are still wondering if I am going to finish hand quilting all the feathers on the baby quilt before my sister's 'baby' turns 1....I am sad to report that I will not be making it in time.

Quilting "feathers" as they are called were made popular by the Amish quilters and if you hand quilt you have probably tried to quilt them.  I think that they take something like 5-10x longer than quilting diagonal lines. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a thrill to quilt them, but they do take time.  You might want to put them in a quilt that doesn't have a deadline.  (note to self!)

Sigh.  This baby will get her quilt eventually.  She'll probably be able to walk on it by the time it's actually done. 

Don't they say that all good things come to those who wait? 

I am close though.  Another week of hard work on it (whenever I find time for that!) will finish it up.  Only the borders are left.

Maybe I'm the only who missed a self-imposed quilting deadline.  Or maybe there is company for me out there. 

3 comments:

ali said...

lovely feather--this makes your quilt very special! keep going : )

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Hand quilted feathers are lovely and you will be glad in the end - the time will have been worth it!

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Hand quilted feathers are lovely and they will be worth the time spent!