Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Daiwabo Fabrics

Here is the '2' birthday block. I'm using Daiwabo yarn woven fabrics for these blocks. Check out the 1 yr old version here.

The older boy's blocks have hand dye fabrics by Primrose Gradations, a company that no longer shows up at quilt shows I go to but looks like I can still get fabrics online.

The older versions of the previous year's blocks for 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 are of course in the collection waiting for assembly.

My son's favorite color is pink right now, at 5 years old, which is why I made his block with pinkish fabric (photo in my last post). I love that he doesn't realize that is typically a 'girl color' (why is that anyhow??) and he just digs it for the cool color it is.

Someday in the not so distant future, his friends may convince him that pink is not a 'manly' color. Until then, I love his innocence and his passion about opinions that he has uniquely formulated all by himself.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Ahwwww! Love this. It reminds me of Mom's quilt.
Will you be sewing on Little Pea's "3" soon? You know I'll never get to it. Hee!

Jamii said...

Actually my dear, pink started out being a more masculine color. Our older boy's likings are more historic than girlish.

Lis Harwood said...

Pink used to be the colour for boys, being a gentler version of the manly red. Blue, being a weaker/gentler colour (!) was for girls. Interesting how things change isn't it?