Thursday, February 1, 2007

Who you are


My husband was listening to NPR one day, some time ago, and a caller wrote in to deliver some thoughts on what makes you who you really are.

The general though of it was that you are who you proclaim yourself to be, and that a lot of what is important to you in life will bubble up to the surface if you let it.

Even though she works in an office, and spends time reading legal briefs (or whatever, I actually forget what she did for a living) she considers herself a sculptor and an artist, because that is what her passion is in life.

So, I'm not actually an engineer, but rather: a full time mom, wife, photographer, and quilt artist. Now if the gap between what I really spend my time doing, and my true aspirations could be closed...that would be a miracle.

No comments: