Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Patchwork Quilt Tsushin #79

Log cabins never really appealed to me when I first started to quilt. I had to warm up to them over time and eventually ended up getting a couple books on them and falling in love.

I recently came to get a copy of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin #79 which covers a lot of different log cabin variations. Various shapes and sizes. This cover shot has so much depth to it, it makes me want to try and make the quilt myself.

Ok, so I got tagged by Sarah at Village Quilter to come up with 7 facts about myself. So...I've decided to give you 7 details about my quilting style, since that is after all the point of all of this.

Here goes:

a) I only use Quilter's Dream batting in "request" (super thin) loft.

b) For my applique, I almost always use YLI's silk threads

c) My favorite brand of scissor is Gingher and I always seem to go for these first, even though my clover pair is a close second.

d) I hand quilt on a hoop today, although I hope to graduate to a full frame someday when I have more space.

e) I only use 100% cotton fabrics, and 100% cotton batting (I know, there are those out there that have to have some poly in there, but not for me thanks!)

f) Jeanna Kimball makes the most awesome applique pins on earth, and I basically don't want to do any applique without them.

g) Nothing floats my boat more that a 100% hand done quilt, so I guess the above sort of supports this general passion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love log cabins, although I believe I've only made a couple log cabin pillows. I knitted a log cabin bathmat, does that count? As for coming to the dark side and sewing clothing... the skirts book you got from amazon really makes everything easy. Although hems still really get to me! Of course I'm lazy and I do everything on machine. I'm so impressed with anything done by hand (especially quilting!) but I don't think I have the patience!

Sarah said...

I knew you would post the 7 things. I really struggled but then just went for it. I think it just gives a bit of an insight.