Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Being Thankful



The above door is the entry to a VERY important place...to be named in my next post, oh such a happy place.

When I was a kid, I visited Plymouth Rock, the rock that the pilgrims landed on in 1620 when they got to the Boston area. It's a very silly tourist attraction with this rock at the bottom of a pit, in a cage. Everybody puts their lens through the bars and snaps a picture of it.

Looking back on it, it seems kinda ridiculous. How do they know that is the actual rock anyhow?

This year at Thanksgiving, I'm going to list the top 5 things I'm thankful for. If you want to do the same, that would be cool. Let me know and I'll read your post as well.

1) My family - they are all with me this Thanksgiving and we are all healthy and happy. What more could I be thankful for.

2) My job - I got a new job this year, and even though it's a challenge to learn the technology, I'm really enjoying my new company.

3) My friends - My "real life" friends, and my blog-related friends - all of you encourage me to continue with the creative work of quilting, taking up knitting, and remembering to enjoy life through making beautiful things.

4) My house - I live in a tiny 85 yr old house, but it's a happy place that is our very own. Covered with our 2 yr old's favorite toys, and at times a bit of dust, I think it's the happiest place on earth.

5) Blogs - out there are many many amazing blogs. Some that I have been looking at a lot lately, and really enjoying:

Ibby Bee Quilts - nobody should have shoes this cute, it should be a crime.

Moonstitches - the owls posted there right now are to die for, free pattern included!

Chicken Blog - one creative lady behind this blog - great photos and a lot of crafty goodies floating through here.

Scrap a bee - Japanese cute at it's finest

Chara Michele - a beautiful and stunning blog - some of the nicest photography I've seen lately

Black Dog Knits - ok now that I love yarn, I cannot resist throwing this in here. A beautiful blog.


Happy Thanksgiving all!

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Marisa,
Thank you for the praise, and for being an inspiration to me. I am in awe of your quilting skills and dedication. You put me in good company among the blogs you enjoy... I will check them out and I will also make a 5 list for Being Thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Leigh said...

I am thankful for so much this year. Some big and some small. I am thankful for blogs also. I could go on and on about everything I am enjoying on yours. I thoroughly love Japanese crafts and fabrics. Great job and I will be a regular reader! Happy Thanksgiving!

marirob said...

Tee hee! I know where that place is... I'm so sad I missed you and your mom yesterday! I usually am there on Tuesdays too, but another co-worker wanted to switch days - darn!

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful to be at that place with the door and having such a wonderful blogging community too!

Zegi said...

What a great idea! It is a good day to remind ourselves that life's pesky setbacks are just a minor splash in a wave of blessings. I'll be listing mine, too.

Chara Michele said...

Oh wow, you are so sweet! :) There is a lot to be thankful for isn't there:)