Monday, December 31, 2007

Yukata quilt road test

My little guy couldn't wait for the finished quilt, so he road tested it while it is still basted.

He says "I like it quilt!", so I guess that means it meets his standards.

I'm feverishly working away to finish it and got the bright idea to use Sashiko stitching. Gee what a great idea.

Yukata fabric is insanely tightly woven because of the dyes used, and Sashiko needles are giantly fat due to the thread you put through them. Perhaps Japanese girls know this is a recipe for disaster and wouldn't try it.

The results are cute actually, but it's taking a wee bit longer than expected due to the fact I cannot load more than 1 stitch on my needle.

Hope your New Year's eve is awesome. We will actually go out of the house (due to the generous babysitting service of my BELOVED parents ) and see an actual movie on the big screen!

3 comments:

Donna said...

movies come on big screens? :-) Hope you've enjoyed your night out on the town; I decided to watch video on my computer, sew and otherwise just lounge around before having to go out and pick up son and his friends from their party....

Oiyi said...

Happy New Year!!!

Going out for a movie sounds fun. I can't remember the last time I did that, but pretty soon I won't be able to either.

Leigh said...

I just wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year!!