Monday, January 14, 2008

First present of the year

When I was just dating my husband, he started this amazingly romantic tradition of giving me the first present of the year.

Every year that we have been together, he has given me a little token of affection at the stroke of midnight to ring in the new year.

My sister was wondering if he would still continue to do it after we got married...and of course he does. (best husband on earth)

Anyhow, this year, it was a beautiful necklace and matching earings from Amy Bengtson, one of my favorite jewelery artists.

I guess she was featured on this "daily candy" web site, since she has an icon on her site about it. Looks like this could be a cool site too.

Gosh I have more freckles then I though I did!

7 comments:

Annie B said...

hey - that is a very sweet and romantic tradition - lucky you!

Amy said...

So sweet, your husband and the necklace :)

Chara Michele said...

What a lovely tradition! Very pretty necklace:)

Zegi said...

Wow, what a great habit to have in your hubby. Love the necklace!

Leigh said...

This is very sweet! Lovely necklace!!

Kates said...

aww thats so cute! and that necklace is really really pretty marisa. =]

Berlinswhimsy said...

I don't know which I love more, that tradition or that necklace... Both are amazingly beautiful.