Friday, December 12, 2008

Quilt Top Mania - More!


Yes, the answer to my last post was "C" - blocks are antiques, and I used other repro's to put sashing on them. Working with other people's quilt blocks is always a challenge especially when said blocks are no where near square.

I'm still pushing my way through my stacks of quilt blocks and making them into tops. The above quilt top was also just completed last week and includes my collection of Oakshott fabrics that I have been working with lately. They are beautiful and very easy to work with.

Now the work to baste and back the little tops in preparation for quilting will start. Have you ever worked with Ecology Cloth? I'm curious to know, why is it different/better than regular muslin? Any tips for me? My local quilt shop didn't carry it, so I suppose I'll be picking some up online.

Who out there has worked with it before? I need the inside scoop!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Your quilt top is so lovely! I adore the colors.

antique quilter said...

Love your house quilt top, can't wait to see how you quilt it.
Ecology cloth I love it for hand applique and for using in piecing as well.
It is prewashed! and the weight of it is good. can't believe you never tried it...email me
Kathie

Charlene Teo said...

Hi! Dropping by to wish you and your family a Happy, Hearty and Healthy New Year! Love these little houses too!