Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spoonflower

Of course, the fabric from my last post was designed by me!

Spoonflower, for those of you who don't know, is a web site that allows you to upload your own designs and they make fabric out of them. I had so much fun playing around with the colors and the dots.

I took some color samples from an antique quilt that I ran into, and used those colors in the dots on the fabric that I designed. It was a unique color combo, one that my mom really liked, and I thought it might make some interesting fabric.

I do love the results that I got with Spoonflower's fabric printing service, but I will mention that they do warn you that they don't have a 'true black' color. I think my design would have been better had I stayed away from using black all together.

My in-laws gave me a giant gift cert to use them for Christmas, and I'm only now just getting around to doing a few more designs.

Anyhow, the above tiny quilt is something I picked up for less than $10 at our church antique sale last weekend. Score! Another addition to my doll quilt wall.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful that you are designing your own fabric! And it is fabulous! What a great find you had too, this mini quilt is sweet!
~Emily

Chara Michele said...

Oh how fun! Your fabric looks lovely! I really want to try spoonflower at some point.. :)