Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wow what a holiday

I remember being younger and playing all day on Christmas.

Now that my husband and I are the hosts...it's hardly a day of rest for us. The prime rib was excellent this year, so it was definitely worth the elbow grease.

What was your favorite gift this year?

Mine was this.

It actually was not for me, it was from me for my husband.

We discovered padron peppers in our CSA this past year, and we are hooked. You fry them up in a bit of oil, throw some salt on them, and eat them like potato chips. If you have not had these, maybe you'll want to start growing them in your garden next year too.

Hope your holiday was filled with family and joy, as mine was.

5 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

My favorite is a counter top compost container... good for the garden. I think I will look for those pepper seeds too.
Merry post Christmas and happy New Year.

Tina said...

It is so true...I was busy making breads all day it seemed. Glad you had such a nice day though. I did as well!

Piecefully Pam said...

My very first Yoko Saito book! Santa and I thank you for your help. : )

I'm a gardener too and may have to give these peppers a whirl...?!

http://sewpam63.wordpress.com/

Heidi said...

I caught a glimpse of the quilt hanging behind your couch in the photo from this post. Would you mind showing a full sized photo of that quilt. It looks beautiful.

Kates said...

I recognize one of those boxes!! Merry Christmas Marisa, I'm so glad that we got to spend some time with you guys over the holiday.