Thursday, May 27, 2010

J.U.I.C.E. and Thoughts on Finishing

The younger boy has a little cold again so we are doing what we can to get fluids into him. He was drinking a sippy cup and my husband asked what was in it. In order to not get the older one all excited about the potential for him to drink juice instead of milk at dinner I spelled it out, "J.U.I.C.E." instead of saying the word.

The older kid yelled out, "Hey! I can spell! You just spelled 'juice'!"

Ugh, perhaps we will need a new secret language. Our days of getting away with private conversation just ended. Gee that was soon.

I managed to finish a shawl (ravelry link) made from handspun yarn. It is very satisfying to have a project completed. I'm on the verge of thinking I'll try to finish my signature quilt in time for a quilt show in October. That would be a big push, but I'm so eager to have more finished projects.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and if you are on ravelry and want to find little old me, my username is 'Quiltotaku'.


Why is there not a version of ravelry for quilters? That would be the bee's knees.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Bees don't have knees... J/K! I love that our little man can spell! He is such a little smarty! Takes after his Auntie for sure. ;)

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

F.U.N.N.Y.

Mama Urchin said...

there is a sewing site called mysewingcircle

Jamii said...

Igpay Atinlay isway ethay onlyway ayway otay ogay, ymay earday!