If you have the urge to make one of these, please do, you'll love the relaxing process of these little crochet wheels.
If you're hungry for more images, I have new flickr sets:
Catherine Wheel scarf #1 - crazy colors, using Zauberball yarn
Catherine Wheel scarf #2 - sunset colors, using Joyland Melody yarn.
and by special request for Kathie - a flickr set from the Los Altos museum with some of the quilts there.
Here's what I'm thankful for this year:
- My family, and their health - we have been so blessed, we are all our own strange beasts but we manage to work through our little challenges very well.
- My darling husband - I'm serious when I say he went to FOUR yarn stores for me while he was on business in Norway. If this doesn't tell you how dedicated he is, I don't know what will!
- My sons - for being as young as they are, they do try very hard not to kill each other when left to their own devices. Overall, they are amazing little people well on their way to gentlemanhood.
- My new friends - last year I lost two people who were very dear to me, and this year I am gaining two new baby friends. One unfortunately doesn't replace the other, but they do find ways to help fill in the holes.
- My passions - this has been a big year for me: learning to spin and dye protein fibers naturally, learning to knit lace (or trying to!) and keeping up with my quilting and blogging. All of it brings a lot of joy to my daily grind.
- You - without the community of bloggers & online forums, I would feel like I'm the only person on earth who has more fabric than they can actually fit into their house. But, I not alone here...right?...anyone?? Truthfully, I do gain so much inspiration from you all - a huge thank you to those of you who take the time to share it with us who follow you.
Hope you have as much to be as thankful as I do, I'm thrilled to have such a long list.