Saturday, April 16, 2011

Japanese Taupe Applique and modern quilting

Tomorrow is our April class where we applique modern house blocks over at A Verb for Keeping Warm in Oakland.

This house is a beautiful one, and another in the BOM series that our class is working on. If you have the time and live locally, come and join us...this block will be a piece of cake.

I spent this week in Austin, Texas. If you haven't had the chance to visit there, I would highly recommend it. I could really see myself living there. It is quite hip.

One of my Texan girlfriends turned me on to these beaded wrap bracelets that are popular there. I broke down and bought one, and after realizing how expensive they are online I guess I should have bought 2 when I had the chance. Oh well...Chan Luu makes a bunch of them that are beautiful but on the pricey side.

Another beautiful link for you is over on "oh, hello friend" - check out this post on twinkle lights. So pretty. Not only would I love to do a photo study like this to take amazing pictures of them, but I would also like to think about how to get some of them up in my back yard!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I can't wait to see this month's block! I missed being in class with you guys today. Did Kristine finish hers? I told her that she had to since I wasn't going to be there.

Julie Fukuda said...

A week or so ago I was in the fabric wholesale district of Tokyo where there are lots of stores. I asked several owners about Japanese taupes but that term seems to only be known in foreign countries. One shopkeeper said, "all our fabrics are Japanese. Pick out anything you like".

ali said...

Lovely!