Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival 2012, and cheating on homework

I'm sure you have heard about the Tokyo Dome quilt show before,  but in case you have not, I do love to see the quilts there.

Now, that said, it's through the eyes of other kind souls, because although I have visited Japan a few times, I have not been there at the time this show is going on.

Jan, of Be Mused blog has a beautiful blog all year long, but she is generous enough to take amazing photos and she has started posting some of them over on flickr.  I have no idea how she takes these photos.  The show is so crowded, but she manages to get a full photo of the quilt as well as several detail photos.  All I can say is my hat is off to you Jan.  Thanks so much for putting so much thought into this so we can all enjoy.

Also this year, Julie of My Quilt Diary (another awesome blog!) has shared some of her photos.  She has not only one, not only two, not only three....but four posts dedicated to photos of the show and notes about the quilts.

Of all the photos I have seen so far, there is this one fish quilt that stands out from the rest.  It is so striking.  It makes me want to try to quilt something with a similar spirit. 

As for other people who attended the show?  I'd love to hear about your experiences, and see your photos.  Maybe I'll get there myself someday.

My new teapot and trivets above from Alder and Co.  It makes less noise that my old pot when it boils the water.  I got it with my friend Susan in mind who has no love of noisy kettles.  If you are wondering if she is a true friend, you will know that she is since she spent the evening knitting my homework swatches for a knitting class I'm taking at Stitches West in a couple of weeks.  Is that cheating?  Oh how I love you Susan!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Cute picture of the new thing you got there! Love your teapot, you should share a photo. Did you finish or make progress on your homework? Let me guess.... Your almost done with the leg warmers! LOL

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

I saw the show and posted lots of photos on my blog... But if you've seen Jan's flickr group you've seen more than what I posted! Better shots, too. Just discovered your blog, bookmarking it now!