Saturday, September 15, 2012

Madelinetosh Beanie

I started and finished a new knit beanie for our 7 yr old this week.

It was fun to be able to have a tiny project to take around with me to piano, soccer practice and the like.

Madelinetosh makes yarns in beautiful colors, although I will confess I'm easily confused by their web site.  The yarn I used for this project is "Tosh DK" which is a 4 ply. 

When you check out Tosh DK on their site, it looks like it's a single ply, so not sure what's going on there.  Probably somebody out there can explain this to me.

Anyhow, the colorway is Antler, and it was a simple cast on of 88 stitches, knit in the round with size 6 needles.  I did a little 4x4 rib to create a flat band, and the rest is history.

I discovered that I can knit this yarn without looking at it, so I was pretty pleased to look down and realize a hat had been magically created.   

I am also wondering what to use as a backing for my modern house quilt.  I may go with a solid color, but would prefer to find the perfect print.  Will keep thinking on this topic.


No comments: