Thursday, November 1, 2012

In the Spooky Darkness

Halloween is the day where every girl is a princess and every boy is a super hero in my town.

I was amazed to learn that a Snow White costume does not prevent one from riding a scooter to school, nor does a Cinderella costume prevent one from riding a bike to class either.  An impressive bunch of athletic princesses were out in force.

I have never walked the kids around door to door to trick-or-treat before.  That has been historically the honor of my DH.

Staying home means "oooh-ing" and "aaaaahhh-ing" over kids costumes as the come to the door, so I never felt I was missing any of the fun.

However, my DH was a little under the weather this year, so it was me walking them around the neighborhood.

Oh the treat of it all!  At times it was wall to wall kids on the sidewalk, running past each other, trying to get to the next door first, elbow to elbow.

Some of the houses were so well decorated (including laser light show, spooky self-opening front door, smoke machines...) our kids were terrified!

I remember feeling like that when I was a kid too.  What fun.

I also realized that I still get to see tons of kids in costume running around our there.  

Should warn my DH that his reign of being the tick-or-treat lead may have come to an end?

Hope that you had a spooky one too.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Happy Halloween... well, except for the under weather DH. Glad it, mostly, turned out well.