Friday, March 8, 2013

Twisted Limone: Like Totally Tubular Dude

The 80's are back, right?  

Do you see neon colors here and there around town?  Have you bumped into girls who might make Cyndi Lauper proud?

If you loved the 80's (like I did, sorry...but I did!!) or if you hated them....they are back in a small way in my house this week.

I just finished knitting a pair of socks out of yarn by Twisted Limone.  It has thick stripes that create themselves from a single ball which is quite handy.  Or footy in this particular case. 

The last time I made my older kid a pair of socks from this yarn, he ended up wearing them basically every night to bed.  They have held up really well, but in the last year his feet have grown a bunch.  The are almost as big as mine now.  Scary!

So here's to a tiny taste of the 80's on the toes, and a pair of socks that may blind you with their neon beauty.


In quilty wanderings - have you seen all the photos from QuiltCon in Austin?  I did not attend, but it looks like it was pretty fun.

I am also enjoying photos of a 9 patch quilt over at s.o.t.a.k. handmade - very pretty!

No comments: