Saturday, July 13, 2013

Turtle Soup Recipe

Eating cute little turtles is hardly something I intend to start doing. 

In fact I was shocked that there are lots of recipes out there for them.  I was thinking that they are too adorable to eat.  Apparently not!

Anna Hrachovec, the mastermind knitter behind MochiMochiLand just came out with a pattern for a tiny turtle. 

I knit this to match my 4yr old's most recent socks.  He is actually willing to wear the socks now that he has a matching turtle!  Wow, a small miracle. 

Mind the Gap self striping yarn in tons of colors, made it easy to find a good color combo that pops.

I'm slipping a couple more photos in here for you, I just cannot resist.






After several hours of hard work, the tiny turtle progressed from the starting link on the ankle to half way up the shin.





He really is small as you can see.  Knit on size 0000 needles!  Yowza.  Teenie tiny.

1 comment:

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I didn't even know they made needles that small!
I confess I ate すっぽん (suppon or terrapin) soup in Japan. The usual story: I didn't ask what I was eating until I had finished.