Monday, August 26, 2013

Japanese Quilt: Yoko Saito's Traditional Patchwork Lessons & Taupe Fabric

When I was flipping through the pages of Yoko Saito's Traditional Patchwork Lessons book, I ran into a super traditional flower basket quilt pattern.


This pattern has probably around for more than a hundred years, but when I saw it in the Japanese taupe fabrics I decided to go for it and make a small wall hanging.




I had some pre-cut squares from Pinwheels and put them together into 4 blocks.  Two very high contract blocks, one low contrast one, and another with different amounts of contrast but using mostly reds and pinks.

I'm happy with how it turned out and now I need to plan the quilting.



Thoughts and ideas on how to quilt this little wall quilt? 

1 comment:

Nifty Quilts said...

It's really lovely. I think some simple hand quilting would be perfect for the quiet, sweet nature of this piece. The piece draws you in, and some simple texture would be fun to see when you get up close.