Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby Quilt: Japanese Taupe Fabrics & English Paper Piecing

Oh how I have wanted to share some photos of the secret baby quilt project with you!

This quilt was started by our small quilt group much earlier this year for one of our members, So Sue, to celebrate the arrival of her new baby daughter.

I have photographed this quilt so many many times.  I want to go through some of the favorite photos and share perhaps more of them with you.

We finally gave the quilt to the bouncing baby, and I think she likes it.  Her mommy really does, so that's a good sign.

The majority of the quilt was hand pieced using the English Paper Piecing method, since we were using hexagons.  Small hearts fit well in the border, and those were done with hand applique.

More photos soon.

6 comments:

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Marisa, how wonderful. I hope you will show more photos soon!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

I had to jump across to So Sue's blog to admire everyone's handiwork properly. Beautiful.

Nifty Quilts said...

It looks absolutely beautiful. I look forward to seeing more photos!

Susan said...

My favorite quilt ever! Thank you so much Marisa! You ladies are just too wonderful! :)

Lynne said...

More More More! Marisa, I know I am going to love this little quilt, I can tell from that little glimpse! Lx

Helen said...

What a lovely quilt! I am so drawn to those taupes from Japan, but hadn't thought of them for a baby. Sweet!!