Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Old Flame


I dug out my modern house blocks and started to think about putting another border on them.

I was so in love with this project and these blocks before that it is practically a crime that they have not been made into a quilt top.

How about some advise on setting the blocks here...

I like the fabric on the right and think it is a good tone...it allows the quilt to come together.  I think something is still missing though.  

Maybe a very thin dark 'frame' of maybe 1/2" black or almost black fabric around all the blocks first?  They sort of need something to frame them up.  

Ideas?  Help!  I'm crowd sourcing this one!

1 comment:

Nifty Quilts said...

I'm so glad you're getting these out again. I remember liking them very much. I saw a quilt this weekend that had blocks of different flowers with pretty wide sashing in between. Each flower block had a very thin dark border on the left and bottom only. It looked like a drop shadow on each one. Very impressive. It looked like each one was a photo stuck to a bulletin board. Might be something to try. If I can find a photo, I'll send it to you.