Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My biggest blog fan


I started this blog to show of my quilt squares, and discuss techniques of quilting that I've learned along the way.

As it turns out, writing about my life in general as well is fun, so I suppose there is a fair bit of that here too.

This blog is dedicated to the quilting community and all those who pursue perfection in fiber arts, however, my biggest blog fan is actually not a quilter. In fact, it's not even a woman!

My biggest blog fan, and most religious reader right now, is an electrical engineer, a photographer, an archaeologist, but mostly a person who lives in the moment and acts as a huge cheer leader for whatever endeavor I undertake. Of course I'm talking about my dad.

Now that I'm a parent myself, I have come to appreciate some of the crazy things we are willing to do for our kids, and my parents certainly have done a lot for us. Thanks Dad for being my #1 fan of my blog, and of my life in general. I'm your #1 fan too.

As for quilting....I'm in love w/ Elly's new and tiny album blocks, and reading over this book, planning to make more of them every night.

My next quilting opportunity could be just around the corner, but until then, baby steps, and perhaps a few more blocks will be made for my sister's wedding quilt. Her 1st anniversary is just around the corner, so what better time to gain momentum on a project long overdue.

No comments: