Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Am I crazy? You tell me...


For our little internet Doll Quilt swap...I decided to do more or less everything for the project by hand.

Hand applique, hand quilting...hand binding. Do you think I'm nuts to put so much time and effort into such a small project for a light-hearted internet swap? Some may think so...

Maybe I'm just addicted to hand quilting!

I have not mailed the whole thing off to my partner yet, but I'm thinking I can finish the binding and label in the next day or two.

Lately I've had a very strange craving for a Mos burger. Yup, not a big mac, no, but a real, live Mos Burger!

Only found in Japan, of course...I've been known to eat these for breakfast with a green tea latte. Fast food at it's finest.

7 comments:

sophie said...

Your question made me smile because I sent email to a friend tonight telling her my plan for the quilting on my Doll Quilt for the swap and asking, am I crazy?

I don't know if you're crazy (or if I am), but I do know that your swap partner is going to treasure that quilt forever.

Fiona said...

Not crazy at all - but your swap partner is very lucky!

Louise said...

No not crazy just passionate about your craft. How lucky your swap partner will be. I see some of the quilts are done so quickly - I love that you have put so much of your time and passion in there! I know the quilt will reflect that and be truly treasured.

Cathi said...

I must be crazy along with you... I'm nearly finished hand piecing 9 Dear Jane blocks and then will try to hand piece and quilt the Doll Quilt Swap quilt by the end of next week!

We are going on holidays to Portugal, so if it isn't done by the time we leave, I've got a few days before the deadline mailout date and she might be getting a package from Portugal instead of Ireland!

Can't wait to see a photo of the whole quilt!

Unknown said...

Not crazy! I'm so amazed.. I don't think I'd be able to do everything by hand! Looks great!

Not Lucy said...

My vote is not crazy, but then I paper pieced one one, but two doll quilts so I would have one too. And I hand quilted them both. I thought I was nuts so it is nice to be in good company.

Mama Spark said...

Maybe crazy, but by who's definition, and why is crazy always a Bad thing??Some of the most inventive things were done by people that many considered "crazy". Your swap partner will LOVE it!! I don't like to do hand quilting and so admire those that are able to do it. Can't wait to see your partner's response!!