Monday, October 8, 2007

Wedding signature quilt

This is the quilt that I started when we got married.

It's sorta based on the Sarah Johnson quilt I mentioned a couple of posts ago.

My mom and sister cut out all these little squares of white fabric, and at my shower, all the girls who came signed them.

I then used these to make the above sample blocks to show at the wedding. We made a poster board of them. Below it, was a basket of the blank squares, and we asked all the wedding guests to sign.

They graciously did, so now I have tons and tons of these little signature squares. I still need to make the rest of the blocks. The ones shown here are just the ones from the shower.

It's a very cool idea, and if you decide to try it...be sure to tell people to sign 1 block EACH. Not 1 block per family. That way you will get a lot more signatures.

In other news, I ordered some postcards for my blog...from Overnight Prints. Have any of you tried this service or can you recommend another place? I just tried them because they are sorta close to me, so we'll see. I'm running to my mailbox every day with great expectations.

6 comments:

Oiyi said...

That is a wonderful idea! Maybe I do that for my baby shower. It's going to be a small party, but it still would be a wonderful keepsake.

Did you use a fabric pen?

Teodo said...

This is a beautiful quilt idea ....
Many whishes for your anniversary.
ciao ciao

The Calico Cat said...

I need to finishe the binding on my version of this idea.

Unknown said...

What a great idea.. something else to add to the "when I get married" dream...

Chara Michele said...

I have never tried overnight prints... I would love to know how your order from there goes though, as I have thought about ordering from them before. For postcards (of photographs) I have used winkflash in the past, and they are pretty good. Are you printing photographs or artwork?

Jeanne said...

Great idea! I like the stars. What nice memories this quilt will have when you get it finished.