Thursday, April 3, 2008

Doll quilts

The Doll Quilt Swap is on again, after taking some time out for maybe about half a year.

Looks like there is a new host, and lots of folks signed up to eagerly create those tiny quilts to warm the laps of teddy bears and curly-haired dolls around the globe.

I'm not in the swap this time because I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy to finish it on time. I am not sure how you ladies bust through your pregnancy and continue to turn out amazing crafty works....if you have any tips on where to find some extra energy, please send them my way!

The quilt squares above were a gift from my mom, when she visited last week. Not sure where I will use them yet, but they are all from Japan, and each is so very pretty.

5 comments:

Kates said...

Haha, jerk.

And it would probably be best if you came up on the 19th, because I have a doctor's appointment at home on the 20th. Haha, and then I can just ride home with you guys! =]

Love!

Oh, and I can probably forgive you for that whole 'growing another person in your body' thing.. maybe.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I am going to force myself to stay away from the swap. I am not pregnant, but sometimes I feel like I am still recovering from my last 4 pregnancies... lol. If I knew any tips for keeping energized during pregnancy I would be working on #5!

Oiyi said...

After I found out the gender of the baby, I couldn't stop myself from knitting. I was still knitting to the very end. Now that she has arrived, I am tired.

Kates said...

WHY DID YOU NOT CALL ME TO TELL ME THAT YOU WERE HAVING TWINS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I HAD TO FIND OUT FROM YOUR BLOG! MARISA, UNACCEPTABLE.

CAPS LOCK MEANS I'M ANGRY!!!

Okay for serious now, that is absolutely amazing. Congrats Marisa, I will probably steal one. :]

Unknown said...

I think it was through the first doll quilt swap that I found your blog? Doesn't that seem like a long time ago? I'm not participating in this one either... but those fabrics are so beautiful that they make me want to sew right now!