Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Something old...something new...

For the last week, we have been traveling like mad.

We visited the mid western United States for the wedding of some very good friends. While we were in that neck of the woods we also caught up with some of the family on my husband's side.

The trip was nuts, too short, and lovely all at the same time.

At the wedding, the bride really looked like a timeless beauty.

Speaking of timeless, I have run into a few blogs lately that are devoted to historic quilting. I think these adorable blocks from the civil war period as well as the colors and fabrics are as elegant as you can get.

If you know of others, please turn me on to them, but here's what I've been reading lately:

- Inspired by Antique quilts - check out this postage stamp quilt in progress - hello beautiful!

- Brown Quilts - some really cute civil war blocks being made here...

- Will work for Fabric - more civil war blocks, so pretty.

- Quilt in Me - some more antique-looking creations here, as well as a lot of beautiful hand work.

2 comments:

antique quilter said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog! that was a wonderful surprise when your blog came up on my bloglines this am.
How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Same as Kathie!! Thank you for nominating for mine too!
I am so excited about your new bundle of joy!! Take care!!

ブログビジターリストで見かけたのでまた遊びに来て見たら…びっくりしましたがうれしかったです。ありがとう!
これからもどうぞよろしく!!