Sunday, July 27, 2008

A visit to Felton

What a wild and busy weekend.

We visited Roaring Camp Railroad, in Felton, California, for the annual visit by Thomas the choo choo. He's a celeb in our house. We took a nice ride on an enclosed train car up through the trees and it was very pretty.

It looked like there might be some good trails to hike there too. Perhaps worth a look around on foot, when I'm not so pregnant!

The highlight for me was visiting Luminous Threads afterwards. Oh, the yarns in that shop! I could not resist...I ended up with a really pretty ball of it by this Japanese company called Noro.

The shop owner is so very sweet, I really enjoyed the adorable warm space she has created, and wish I lived a bit closer so I could actually take some knitting classes and learn to use all this yarn I've been collecting. I picked up some fabric too, by Amy Butler, perhaps for use in making some pencil rolls.

I think my pregnant self is more apt to buy random things for a 'someday' project than my non-pregnant self.

Was also reading a bit about Ink and Spindle - a coming soon shop that prints their own textiles and will be more than happy to help you do the same. Never visited Seattle before...hm...this is my naughty self dreaming of travel again. I'm off to give myself a little slap on the wrist. (If you live there though, please check it out, it looks soooooooooo cool!!)

Ahh...edit here - I&S is in AUSTRALIA - not Seattle - boo! My brain is in a very sad state. Will be a bit tougher for me to just 'stop by'!!

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Yes, come to Seattle! It is a fun place to visit. And I'm a little jealous that you got some Noro. They make absolutely beautiful yarn. Very popular in the knitting world!

Chara Michele said...

Oh I wish Ink & Spindle was in Seattle! Come visit Seattle anyways! :) We could do a little get together!