Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yoko Saito book bliss

My book by Yoko Saito on taupe quilting and Sweden has finally arrived!

I don't spend a lot of time taking photos of books, but this time I just could not resist. The book is cover to cover filled with projects, all 100% of them using Japanese taupe fabrics, including small wall quilts, bags, and even 3D stuffed horses, believe it or not.

A must have for your collection if you're a Yoko Saito wanna be (I'm her biggest fan!).

ISBN978-4-14-031153-0

Also, if you have not seen the dresses that Mari of MariRob blog made yet (from Purl Soho Japanese imported fabric, of course) please check out her post and tell her how beautiful she looks.

Meanwhile I'm dreaming of a day when I can fit into non-maternity clothes. ps. I cannot afford those jeans in case you're wondering. Oh, thank goodness that happy day is becoming more and more near. Something tells me it's going to sneak up on me.

7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I could not fit into (or afford) those jeans before pregnancy - I doubt that it will be any better after pregnancy!

My pregnancy pants are getting tight at 21 weeks - good thing I got some skirts - they are more forgiving of my hips & thighs.

Zegi said...

My youngest is 4 and I'm still waiting to get back into "normal" clothes I wore before pregnancy. (though I'm not wearing maternity clothes now...I'm pudgier than I used to be, not crazy.) Let me know if you figure out the secret!!

Elizabeth said...

Hey Marisa, I just ordered that book off of Etsy also, based on your recommendation in an earlier post. of course, that forced me to get an Etsy account, which then made it oh-so-easy to shop for many other things on Etsy. My husband thanks you! :-/ Anyway, hope all is well. Would love to figure out a way to get together.

marirob said...

awww... thank you for the kudos! your little snippit of your new book looks great!

Judy said...

I have that Yoko SAito book.. and love it.. I also just bought the Houses one too.. I completed a purse from the Scandanavian one and working on a wall hanging from the houses.. those books are very addicting..

Unknown said...

I am going to buy a Yoko Saito book soon, I just have to decide which one or ones! I am so happy that you have introduced me to so many wonderful Japanese quilts, fabrics and artists!
~Emily

Oiyi said...

I got my maternity clothes from Target and Old Navy. It did the job and was inexpensive. I loved the jeans that had a stretchy panel on the front. What a great invention.