Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1930's Trip Around the World Quilt

Here's a picture of my living room after I got a sleeve on the 30's quilt that I just bought. I think it goes well with the rest of the house and makes a bold graphic statement. Happy little quilt.

I have birds on the brain since I saw Karissa's post at Kitty Kitty Crafts. Her mobile is AWESOME, and she even gave me a link to the pattern. I sooooo have to make one of these. Or 5 of them...

Thanks Karissa for your awesome post, and generally awesome blog.

Also on my brain is Fontifier. You scan in your own hand printed letters and they create a custom font for you. Has anybody tried this? It sounds so cute!

5 comments:

Kates said...

That font website is way cool, you shold definitely do that! You have some awesome lettering skills.. :)

Karissa said...

Aww, sweet! Thanks for the plug!
Also, that quilt is so amazing! How big are those squares? They look like they finish around 1". Wow.

Myra said...

Hi! Had a nice visit through some of your blog! Happy anniversary! 8-)
Lovely quilt! Tiny pieces....
I checked out Karissa's birdies! Awesome! Thank you for the pattern link! I am going to give it a try...at some point! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Oiyi said...

It looks great! I love it.

Quilteuse Forever said...

Love this quilt and your picture in your home!