Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pacific International Quilt Festival 2008 - I'm in!!

PIQF is one of the larger quilt shows in the U.S. It is coming up later this month, and they are very picky about what quilts they take into the show.

They have actually already rejected me in past years (boo! Are they nuts?), although they did take 2 of my quilts last year.

Anyhow, this year they accepted the only quilt that I tried to enter, so I AM STOKED!

Come to the show and check out my taupe quilt in person.

It's been just wild lately running all around town, and trying to learn how to leave the house with a 3 year old and a newborn. If my mom were not here helping me, I'd probably be sitting on my couch drooling for the better part of the day.

I just picked up the above shoes for our 3 yr old from ebay, they are by See Kai Run. I am so in love with their shoes. Oh, and the girl versions are really to die for.

12 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Congratulations! I'm going to PIQF this year and will check it out in person. Love the shoes, too.

Tina said...

Congrats! How exciting.

Judy said...

As well they should have accepted it...it's stunning!

Unknown said...

I really like the contrasting colors you have on that quilt... something with the greys. I love it : ) and congratulations!

Also, I'm going to save that shoe website so that I can buy them for my future kid(s). They're so adorable... makes me want to name my kids Jane and John like the good ol' days.

Jan said...

Congratulations, Marisa! That's a show I've always wanted to attend.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love your taupe quilt. Wish I was going to see it in person.

Zegi said...

Congratulations! That is terrific. And don't worry, you'll get the hang of traveling with both kiddies soon enough :)

Kates said...

Wooo! Go Marisa!

Dorie said...

so cool! It is one gorgeous quilt.

Dorothy said...

Congratulations Marisa! Wish I could see it in person.

Lea said...

Conratulations on your quilt! Oh, you made so beautiful taupe quilt!!! It remind me in Japanese quilt show at Tokyo. Lovely, just simply marvelous!!!!

Karissa said...

Yay! Congrats on the quilt! It's beautiful--you must be so proud! :)