Sunday, May 24, 2009

Patchwork Quilt Tsushin #150

I'm a huge fan of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin, and their issue #150 just came out.

It included a little insert that was sort of a little marketing flier, but was called Patchwork Quilt Glossary. It discusses vocabulary terms, techniques, and methodologies used in quilting. Kinda cute.

The magazine itself has several pin cushion photos and patterns as it looks like they asked a bunch of folks to make different patterns for them to commemerate their issue #150.

There is an article starting on P.64 that discusses work of the beautiful and talented Yoko Saito and probably mentions her new book. I'm going to put this into my bucket of "If that doesn't make you want to learn to read Japanese, I don't know what will."

And since it's Memorial Day weekend here in the states, and my dad does love to watch the Indy 500, I thought I'd throw a quick racing link out there for you to check out a classic 1976 video of a drive through Paris at 140 MPH.

Background on the film here.

Ladies and Gentlemen...start your engines.

2 comments:

Holly =^..^= said...

What would I do without you posting about the Japanese quilt magazines and books. I just love Yoko Saito's new book! Oh how I wish I could read Japanese. :) Hope you're doing great!!

helen-mary said...

I am sooo jealous you get Patchwork Tsushin. My Canadian source for Quilts Japan stopped getting the mags and I really really miss my issues.