Sunday, March 7, 2010

Using a drop spindle with kids

Answer to my brain teaser is that I made bracelets!

After teaching my son's class how to use a drop spindle, I gave them each little bracelets made out of the hand spun yarn with a wool felt bead.

My son helped each of the kids pick out the color felt bead they wanted and I tied them on. They loved it and it was a nice take home item for them to show to their parents and explain how they learned about wool, felt, and how to make yarn. We used dental floss threaders to get the beads on to the yarn. Pretty simple.

Meanwhile, my cold is getting better which is the good news.

Maybe the bad news is that our baby is an overachiever and has already starting acting like a two year old. Tantrums galore.

I'm the star entertainment of each restaurant we visit - holding and attempting in vain to comfort my little fireball - while wondering why I ever decided to leave the house in the first place. Oh the beauty and the heartache of being two.

If you're looking for the next greatest blog since sliced bread, head over to visit my sister's fresh new blog. It's devoted to scrapbooking. I'm sure she'd love a little hello from you.

4 comments:

Kates said...

I want one of these bracelets!! So cute.

By the way, thought you might like to know that I updated my blog for the first time in almost a YEAR. I know, I suck. But I thought I would let you know. :)

Love/miss you!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute, what a great idea :) Your boys are really lucky to have a creative and crafty mom like you!

Colleen said...

Thanks for the plug. Hee, hee!
I hear ya on the terrible twos. They are comin early...

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I remember the terrible twos. Just know that it will eventually pass, and they will become teenagers! There are very very good years in between, and after. The only advice I have is to make sure the child is well rested - can't interrupt the nap schedule just because you want to eat. And bring toys or other distractions.