Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The wearing of the green

Did the food scientists who developed Mac n Cheese think of it as a St. Patrick's day food?

Well, perhaps not, but with a generous amount of green food coloring, any dish can become an Irish feast.

I wore my green shirt today, and celebrated St. Patrick's day by spending an evening with a couple of my best girlfriends for knit nite.

They are creating some awesome things, and I'm still learning how to use my drop spindle and trying to make yarn.

In my next post, I'll be telling you this amazing story of what I got in the mail yesterday. It includes not only taupe fabric, but also Yoko Saito (in a very special way), and the Tokyo Internation Quilt Festival, as well as friendship from Singapore.

I know, it's hard to wait, but it's too late to tell that story tonight and I want to do it right.

For now, kiss an Irish friend, and raise a glass - Slainte.

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

Marisa this was just plain too much of a tease....
AAAHHHH how can I wait to hear this story????

yes very hard to wait.
Kathie

Colleen said...

Too funny! I totally thought the Mac was green beans! Ha! Ha! I bet the kiddos loved it. Can't wait to hear what you got. :)

Piecefully Pam said...

The suspense is killing me...?! Hurry up!!! Please. ; )
http://sewpam63.wordpress.com/

AnnaVallance said...

Can't wait to hear the story!

Ravenhill said...

That is a riot- you made GREEN mac n cheese. They must have all loved it!?

I am excited to see what Yoko Saito goodies you have coming your way. Please drop by my blog to see my Yoko Saito news! I want to thank you for introducing me to her, via your fabulous blog!
Happy day to you!
Hugs from emily