Saturday, December 4, 2010

Getting ready for class


Next Sunday is I'm teaching Hand Quilting as well as Hand Applique at A Verb For Keeping Warm in the East Bay.

Thinking a little about the class and putting some notes in order so I don't forget to pass on any important nuggets or tidbits of info to the students.

It's a cold weekend anyhow, so a good one to catch up and spend time with friends and family.

If you're looking for some beautiful images, you could check out Alex's blog - Moonstitches.

She takes one photo a day during the month of December that features a number. It is a bit of a tour of Japan so if you're into Japanese culture, it might be of interest to you. Her photos are as amazing as ever.

My husband is putting the "Lawn Christmas Tree" up right now.

It's a tradition every year for all the residents in my neighborhood to put a small 'Charlie Brown' tiny tree out on their lawn and decorate it. 100% of the homes do it, and trees go up first Saturday in December. It makes the neighborhood look really joyful.

Do you have any holiday traditions that your corner of the world does?

2 comments:

Misa said...

I did a quick search on Flickr to see what you meant and got this beautiful image, and many others:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23136132@N04/4214761783/

WonderMike said...

Our class was so awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being such a great teacher!

I just posted pictures to my Flickr stream of my WIP. It's slow going but I do love it.

xo,
maw