Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas



Our Christmas morning was awesome. Santa must have had us on his 'nice' list this year.


I knit the above socks from some yarn I made on my spindles, before my spinning wheel came into the picture. If you want to get into spinning, a spindle is an easy and fun first step.


Handspun yarn has a certain look to it that makes it more textural. I really prefer it over commercially created yarn.


My biggest surprise gift was a new Baltimore Album quilt pattern collection: Lady of Victory.


There is an apple wreath block in here that I really just must make. It's amazing.

We're expecting guests for dinner, and the turkey is in the oven. Not sure it gets better than this.


Well, ok, we could be expecting my parents and my sister's family for dinner (which we aren't), but that is the only thing that would make it better.


Merry Christmas to all of you out there. May the rest of your holiday season be filled with health and peace.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Marisa!
That quilt pattern looks amazing!! :)

marianne said...

Love the socks! I can't believe the yarn is spindle-spun. I'm getting excited about getting my new wheel.