Sunday, January 9, 2011

White Elephant - Handspun yarn

My knit nite friends were over for our holiday party last week and we had a real blast.

I even taught one of the husbands how to make yarn using my spinning wheel. He actually wasn't half bad at it.

The white elephant gift I got was awesome, some beautiful yarn that I'm planning on using to make a scarf for my husband, and needle holders for when you make socks. So cool.

I ended up giving away around 300 yards or so of handspun (photo above). The gal who got it is a seriously talented crocheter and I just cannot wait to see what she does with it. The fiber is hand dyed by Pigeonroof Studios in the Collision Course colorway.

I'm sure you know about this already, but have you checked out Barbara Brackman's new Civil War Quilts blog? It's pretty darn cool.

No comments: