Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Husband Scarf & Antique Quilts


I am knitting away on a scarf for my husband.

I will come clean here and state that I LOVE to knit for kids because they are so tiny, and I kinda don't love to knit for adults. Those projects take forever.

When I met my husband, I thought - wow, what a tall and handsome man.

While I knit this scarf, I am wondering if it would not be just a little faster to finish this if he were not so tall! ;)

I am making all sorts of mistakes in this project, but I press on without taking stitches out. If you want to see the 'real' version of this scarf, I recommend you stop over at my friend Sharon's blog - Knits are for Kids. Her project really looks great. It almost inspires me to rip out my mistakes. Only almost though.

She found this cool scarf pattern and I started it because I wanted to be just like her.

The quilt in the background is a recent antique that I picked up from Etsy. The seller has a couple other cute quilts for sale right now - check them out.

1 comment:

Dorothee said...

Your scarf is beautiful, and it looks awesome on Jamie... who could definitely have a career in modeling... he's got that catwalk down! :)