Monday, June 20, 2011

Pacific International Quilt Festival 2011 - everything but the kitchen sink

Our visit to gramma's 90th birthday is over and fun was had by most.

The party itself was awesome, and it was great to see her. She really loved the scarf that I knit for her and we posed with her wearing it for a photo together.

My husband and little one managed to come down with a summer cold as we were traveling so they had less fun than some of us.

The boys did see fireflies for the first time though (we don't have them in California) so that was magical.

Speaking of magical, what to my wondering eyes should appear in my mailbox while I was gone but the Pacific International Quilt Festival 2011 catalog.

Time to mark your calendars: San Jose, CA on October 13 - 16th! Classes are open for registration. I was surprised that there was even a small amount of hand work classes listed, so that seems nice. There is also a class on how to photograph your quilts which I found very interesting.

Entries for putting your quilt in the show are due Sept 1. I don't think I'll be entering anything this year, since I'm planning on winning Best In Show next year with my taupe modern house quilt (ahem).

I'm going to attend again of course this year and will be taking photos for you, same as last year (and the year before, and the year before, and....you get the point).

1 comment:

Steven said...

Hi Marisa. So glad you posted the links for the Pac. International show. I had an art quilt in the show last year, and couldn't attend. Hope to go this year, as my dad lives just about 1/2 hour away from the show. No quilts to enter this year, but may have time for a class. Funny how you can enter a quilt in their show and not be on their mailing list?? Well, like I said, thanks for the links.

Steve