Sunday, June 26, 2011

Quilt Shopping around Chicago

Those of you who guessed I was in the mid-west when I took the photo for my last post - well, you were right!

I was outside of Chicago, IL in this town called Barrington. The quilt shop - well worth a visit - is called A Touch of Amish.

They have a big selection of reproduction fabrics, shirtings, and fabrics that would look really nice if you are working on a traditional quilt pattern. The ladies who work there are very friendly, and the number of bolts of fabrics they have is pretty impressive.

Fabrics I picked up there are photographed above.

I didn't have time to really tour the area there, but I fear that there are two other shops in that general area that I should have visited and didn't have time to actually get there.

The first one is The Quilt Merchant in Winfield, IL. Have you ever been there? It looks like they specialize in Civil War reproduction fabrics. It is on my list of places to hit next time.

The second shop is Pieceful Gathering in Fox River Grove, IL. It was probably within driving distance of where I was, but we were on a very tight schedule with our grandmother's birthday party, so did not make it here either. I'm sure I'll be back to Chicago again for family visits, so will certainly not miss this next time.

No comments: