Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Handspun Baby Hat and other quilty adventures






I hand spun some naturally dyed fiber that I got at Verb (is there another place to get fiber? I think not!) and knit up a super super tiny hat.




My new baby niece needs to be spoiled so no commercially created, acid dyed, itchy scratchy yarn would do. No no no. This baby needs cashmere, merino, and angora hand spun by her favorite (ok, I'll admit and only as well) aunt. More info on ravelry here.




The bunny that is serving as my 'model' here just so happens to have the same sized head as a newborn baby, so it's an interesting and handy way for me to check if the size is right or not. I sort of made up the pattern but it is inspired by the cover of Joel Hoverson's "More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts."




Don't tell my sister, but I'm trying to surprise her with another baby hat in a different shape. She has a 2 week old baby, so I'm sure she doesn't have time to read my blog these days. Let's keep this quite, ok?




Oh, and last Saturday one of my amazing quilting friends took us on a whirlwind tour of San Francisco to explore a bunch of quilt related shops. I will compile a list of links with some info on them in case you need to plan your own similar trip someday.


1 comment:

AnnaVallance said...

That is the sweetest little hat! You are so talented, I'm always amazed at what you create.