Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hip To Be Square



I spent the day teaching quilting today to an awesome group of ladies at Verb. It was thrilling to see them turning out beautiful 9 patch blocks and spreading their wings as quilters. I get a serious kick out of seeing creative people doing what they do best.

What fun! Just a quick Hi to my students (A, C, J, R, and W) in case you are reading this. Please know it I consider it a huge honor to be one of your quilty mentors!

I made a fair number of 9 patch blocks along with the students as well and ended up being so addicted to them that a small quilt top was finished in just a few days.

9 patch quilts are so satisfying. Mine is done with Kaffe Fassett's shot cotton stripes. I made a quilt for my first son when he was born out of theses fabrics. There was a blog post entry with a photo of it posted here 4 years ago.

Has anybody besides my husband actually been reading my blog that long?

Speaking of my DH, you know I'm hosting a give away of this beautiful issue of Cotton Time (Japanese sewing magazine) over at his blog. Only 5 lucky gals have commented so far, so they each have a 20% chance of winning! Nice odds.

Want to have a shot at winning? Comment over there before the give away closes on this Wed. night.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm glad you have an awesome group of students. That makes teaching so much more rewarding.
I did take a peek at your former quilt and it is quite inspiring.