Saturday, March 17, 2012

Voices in Cloth 2012

Today I spent the greater part of the day at the Voices in Cloth quilt show.

It was located in Richmond, CA, just north of Oakland and was put on by the East Bay Heritage Quilt Guild.

Lucky for my sons and husband, they were 'saved' by a tour of the U.S.S. Iowa (a battleship) that was literally just across the street.  I think they had a great time there, and I will confess that I actually enjoyed having some time to look at the quilts with my friend Marianne.

I ran into this extremely famous and talented quilter(above) and she gave me the pleasure of photographing her next to one of the quilts she had in the show.  Anybody know who she is?  I'm sure you have at least a book or two that she has written.  I probably have more than 2 of them.

More on the story behind this mystery quilter's awesome quilt, and the show itself soon, including a flickr set of quilt photos...some ideas for upcoming shows...my take on vendors there.  If you have the chance, get over and visit there tomorrow.  I have a couple of quilts up in the vendor booth by A Verb for Keeping Warm.

3 comments:

Quilt Inspiration said...

That's Roberta Horton - I have her books too. We are looking forward to seeing your show photos!

antique quilter said...

Yes I have a few of her books!
roberta Horton! Lucky you meeting her, was her sister there too????
glad you had a family outing where everyone was happy!
Kathie

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun day out.