Thursday, April 19, 2012

Modern Quilting



I am still here stitching away by hand with my needle and thread, and my Japanese Taupe Fabrics...creating modern house quilt blocks. 

This is the 10th block, and is inspired by what is called the Sax House in Oakland, California.  The home itself is designed to look just like a saxophone.  Can you see the instrument in the design?  I'm not done with the embroidery yet.  I think that will put the finishing touches on the block.

I never though that a popular blog like Quilt Inspiration would notice my work, but it turns out they did this week.

They just posted a little piece on my modern house quilt blocks which was very generous and kind of them.  You can see the article at this link.  The cool part is you can really see how the blocks were inspired from the photos I took of the real house.

I'm so honored!

Now, to come down from cloud 9 and get back to my stitching.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Marisa, you deserve the praise! Your blocks really are amazing. I would love to make them all, but don't have the time at the moment. Maybe I'll join you for your last class and buy the rest of the patterns to make later!

Julie Fukuda said...

I was so glad to catch that post. Congratulations on the feature.