Monday, April 2, 2012

Naturally Dyed Wool Felt

When I was at the East Bay Heritage Quilt show, Voices in Cloth, I could not resist picking up a few small pieces of wool felt at the Verb booth.  I have a small collection of wool felt that I've picked up along the way but this is the first time I've seen it created through natural plant-based dye methods.  The colors have a certain elegant look about them.  Purlbee had a tutorial on making stuffed patchwork eggs a while back.  I'm wondering if these would lend themselves to that project.

I read about this incredible Amish/Welsh quilt exhibit over at Little Welsh Quilts, check out the post here.  Shame I don't live close enough to visit it (like on the other side of the pond).

If you haven't ever done a flickr search for "Yoko Saito" you might enjoy the images that you will find there.  Some really beautiful taupe quilt work there.  One of my favorites here.

No comments: