Friday, July 20, 2012

Applique Party: this weekend - be there or be [ ]



Ok, so it isn't exactly an applique 'party', but I am teaching hand applique at A Verb for Keeping Warm on Sunday 7/22/12 at 2:30 pm in Oakland, California.

If you need an excuse to come and learn to be an expert at hand applique, or you just want to spend some relaxing time with inspiring people in a beautiful shop...come and join us.  Beginners, advanced folks, and all those in between are welcome.  Sign up's are a couple of mouse clicks away!  Do it...they will hardly notice you snuck out for a couple of hours.

The above photo is a teaser of our Modern Houses block this month (#11).  I love the way this one turned out, it's called the Heartwood Home.

I was initially not sure how easily it would translate from the real extreme 3D qualities of the house to a quilt block but I'm tickled pink (or tickled taupe?) with the final pattern and block. 

If you live on the other side of the globe or can't slip away to join us this month, I hope that somewhere this weekend there is a bit of hand work in store for you.  You deserve it, after all.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

SAdly I fear there are a few too many miles between us, Marisa, or I would be signing up ASAP!

However I will be putting the final stitches to my daughter-in-law's quilt - I must get it finished today as they are returning home to New Zealand on Monday!

Hand stitching - how I love thee!