Monday, February 25, 2013

Block City: mini-architecture

One of our favorite things to do on the weekends is to pull out all the wood blocks and build a small city.

Most are from vintage playskool village sets that I've collected, but there are a fair number from other sets that have come my way.

Our little one has a lot of energy and often cannot sit still for more than two minutes.

This time it was different.  

He carefully created the most elaborate layout that I think I've ever seen.

I didn't do a lot of quilting while this was going on since I was helping, but it was quality time spent together and it was really a lot of fun.

Amazing how even the most energetic of kids can relish some serious detailed work.  I wonder where he gets the urge to organize tiny things?  

Ahem.


In other news:

I am listening to Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast.  It's awesome, it will make you cool.  Listen to it, listen to it now.  Download it on your phone using the Downcast app, and you'll thank me.

We are feasting on Chicken Paprikash - a Czech delight that my DH's parents created for us.  Not sure I have heard people talk about this dish before.  It's really quite simple and amazing.


No comments: