Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nice to meet you: A Blog Post written by an in-progress Skirt

Hello.  Nice to meet you.

I am Marisa's DIY Skirt (in progress) and she asked me to write a guest blog post for her today about my life as a half finished skirt.

Let me start by saying that I am really thrilled that the entire back half of me has now been stitched and all the cut-outs are complete.  I'm feeling really confident when people admire me on that side.

The front of me, as you can see from the above, has been progressing slowly but surely.  There is still a long way to go.  One of the front quarter panels is almost done, and the other one is almost started.

Marisa does not neglect me, so please don't think I'm trying to throw her under the bus here when talking about my half completed state.  She puts new stitches on me each day although she's busy and at times only works on me for 15 minutes.  I'm still feeling the love, and I know that she will eventually complete me.  I'm not getting the feeling she will give up on me.  I am admittedly complicated...a project that cannot be rushed.

I hope that your long term complicated sewing projects find inspiration from this blog post and that you can also empower them to write in your own blogs.  It isn't every day that a Skirt gets to write a blog post.

Best wishes to you, and perhaps I'll come back and write again when I'm almost complete.  I'm really looking forward to getting out of the house.