Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Indian Summer


It still feels like summer here in Northern California.

We still need sunblock on the kids if we go out for a while during the day.

It's been a busy time with lots of soccer games on the weekends and a little creative work for me on the sidelines.

I am knitting a sweater that I am frustrated with because when I was working on picking up some stitches the yarn broke and now I have to go back and fix it.  Let it be known that weak yarn is annoying.

Knitting is an adventure.  I'm still learning its secrets.

Quilting - well, you know where you stand with it for the most part.  With any luck your fabric is good quality and will not tear when you don't want it to.  You can usually trust your thread not to break unless you really mean to break it.

In the above photo you can see my one line a day book where I write something happy that happened during the day.  Today I'll be writing that my son got his brand new copy of the just released today Rick Riordan book The Blood of Olympus

I made the pom pom above from a tiny amount of handspun yarn.  It has sparkles in it which really isn't 'me' but it came for free with a spinning tool I bought so I spun it up for fun and it's decorating my book for now.

Hope your week is well and maybe a bit less hot and sweaty than our week here.

No comments: