Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Apples to apples

The owner of Wee Wonderfuls blog, Hillary Lang, is making a doll quilt wall in her new baby's room. I'm thinking it may take her a really long time to finish all those small quilts, and when your pregnant, goodness knows that you don't really have a lot of extra energy.

So, I decided to pitch in a bit, and make this small doll quilt for her, and hopefully add to her collection. I just finished it this afternoon and I've really had a good time working on it. Hand applique for the apples, and machine quilting with a tiny bit of hand quilting in large pearl cottons just to spice it up.

I guess I'll have to name the quilt "Apples to Apples". I can post the apple pattern if anybody is interested...

3 comments:

Lisa K. said...

I love your quilt! So smart to use the perle cotton for a little zing!

I'm looking for ideas to post for participants in a doll quilt swap. May I include a link to your page, or even your picture of your pretty apples quilt?

Thanks!

p.s. Apples to Apples is a fun, fun card game to play if you haven't tried it before!

Marisa said...

Wow, Lisa, this is pretty cute. Please do link to my page, that would be so fun. I think I'll have time to take part, so let me think a bit more, but wow - how fun!!
You rock!
-Marisa

Unknown said...

Hi Marisa,

Got your quilt in the mail the other day. Thank you so much! You're so sweet. And it's just the cutest thing. I've very impressed with your hand applique!

thank you!!
xo Hillary